RCEP and UNESCO Beirut Office are committed to facilitating a regional dialogue in line with the global efforts to respond to the emergency and to reflect on the purpose of education and the organization of learning in an ever-changing world. It is designed as form of continuous support of Arab countries education during and after COVID-19, with a specific focus on the futures of education after COVID-19 and will be built upon the achievement of 2017 regional think tank seminar on “Rethinking Education” organized in Sharm EL Sheikh, Egypt by reaffirming the 2016 Cairo Declarations for rethinking education. It is also part of the global Futures of Education initiative launched by UNESCO in September 2019.
It will feature educational challenges and opportunities of COVID-19 pandemic and will be an extended platform to share lessons learned during the crisis and diverse insights of regional and international education thinkers with respect to the future of education during and after COVID-19. All participants will benefit from wider discussion through a moderated Q & A session and the webinar will be facilitated in English but real-time caption for Arabic will be provided.
- Examine the impact of Covid-19 on educational continuity in the Arab region.
- Review the challenges in implementing national distance education responses ensuring learning continuity of learning for all.
- Draw the lessons learned from the Covid-19 crisis to build scenarios for the futures of education.
Ahmad Ouzzi – Director – Training and Research in Developmental Psychology of Education / Journal of the Science of Education
Federico Biagi – Researcher from the European commission
Hamed Al Hammami – Director – UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States
Hegazi Idris Ibrahim – Regional Programme Specialist on Basic Education and Literacy – UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States
Khalfan Belhoul – Chief Executive Officer – Dubai Future Foundation
Sami Mohamed Nassar – Dean of the faculty of Education Studies – National Egyptian E-Learning University
Sobhi Tawil – Head of Education Research and Foresight – UNESCO HQ
Sobe Noah Webster – Senior Project Officer in the Future of Learning and Innovation team – UNESCO HQ
Yin Cheong – Professor and Senior Research Fellow – The Education University of Hong Kong
- Registration is free and Register in advance required.
- Once you register, a unique join URL will be sent to your email.
- Follow up UNESCO’s Futures of Education: Learning to Become series webinars, please access here.
- The working languages of the webinar are Arabic and English. Real-time captions will be provided.